Friday, March 15, 2013

Erin Go Bragh (St. Patrick's Day Plans)

I know that it's a bit late but, happy March readers! March has quickly become one of my favorite months of the year, especially now that I'm older! On a bit of a personal note, I will be celebrating my first wedding anniversary this weekend. Most people think that the first year of marriage is the hardest and if the marriage passes this marker there's a good chance it will last. Which is a sad thought (but of course half of all marriages are said to end in divorce)... Back to happy thoughts! March weather is a bit crazy and unpredictable, many of us in my area remember the blizzard of 1993. Then of course on my wedding day last year, my brother got a sunburn from being outside too long...

A picture of my paper flowers

Of course by now you should have your big plans for the weekend with it being St. Patrick's Day. I know there are several bars hosting specials around here. Oh, and I learned last year that Chili's sells green beer (if you happen to like beer)! For those who aren't into beer or the bar scene...don't fret! This can still be a fun holiday for you as well:

1.) Have a movie night! A few movies I recommend are Brave, Darby O' Gill and the Little People, The Boondock Saints (as well as the sequel All Saints Day), Craig Ferguson: Does This Need To Be Said? (filmed in Nashville and available on Netflix as well as a new Stand-up), How To Train Your Dragon (speaking of Craig Ferguson), Braveheart, any Muppets movie (I love Muppets From Space and the newest one and who doesn't love Kermit!), The Wizard of Oz (very green movie) and the new movie Oz The Great and Powerful

2.) Have a green dessert. I personally love the soft sugar cookies at Wal-Mart and they have several right now! Also there's the shamrock shake at McDonald's if you like mint ice cream

3.)  Have a dinner party and serve some lovely Irish food. I took this from wikihow: "In Ireland, the day is usually celebrated by eating food such as pink bacon or savory roast chicken. Corned beef and cabbage is from American tradition"

Of course if you're really wanting to have some fun this St. Patrick's day I can tell you from experience that it it loads of fun to get a group together to walk around and bar hop. Especially if the men are in kilts! Our friend Nick was stopped several times so people could get a picture of the tall guy in the kilt.

Hope you have a wonderful weekend readers! Just remember to wear a little green, unless of course you enjoy getting pinched!

Seriously, make time to see Brave this weekend!

No comments: