Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Drip Drop Little April Showers


While this may actually be an exaggeration, it has felt like every other day this month has included rain! It started here at the very end of March and only lets up for a few days before it comes back. Of course the saying "April showers bring May flowers" immediately comes to mind...and for the most part I don't mind the rain (especially if I don't have to get out in it)! The rain can be very calming and helps me get some extra sleep in the mornings. 

 I don't know if this is true for anyone else, but I do feel foolish if I've taken the time to dry and/or fix my hair and then see that the rain has returned (I just feel like I've wasted time). I think the best thing for me to do is learn more styles that involve braids so I won't have to worry about frizzy or stringy hair. (Thank goodness for Pintrest!) 


 Back to the topic at hand... if you can make the time for it (and have a good eye), the rain can give you some great pictures! Of course you'll want to be careful since the water can be harmful to your electronics so be sure to take them under shelter or an umbrella. Here are a few of mine that I've taken so far this month so enjoy!
And the rain, rain, rain came down, down, down

 Rainy day at work


 More rain on my windshield


Safely under my umbrella on the way to the movies

I must say that the only time this month I was bummed about the rain was the opening day for the Lookout's...the game was postponed. The good news was we were able to attend a double-header that Sunday and had a fun time (and even got sunburnt) but that's something I'll get into in another post! These pics are helping me with one of my goals for the year and I really hope that you enjoy them readers! Also if you know of a good place to get some rain boots, I'm thinking I should invest in a pair. 
This pic is from last year...but I love it


No comments: