Thursday, January 31, 2013

Getting Started...

   It's always so exciting when you begin something new. A new job, or let's say starting a new project (like maybe a blog), your mind begins racing with ideas and things that you want to accomplish. For most people, these amazing ideas pop up at the most inopportune times like taking a shower or while buying groceries. It's very hard to stop what you're doing a grab a pen and jot down an idea. Even now as I have decided to start my blog, my mind is racing trying to remember all of the ideas and topics that I already had mostly written in my mind. I know that for most people, we tend to look at the start of a new year as a time for new beginnings and to change things about ourselves.This is something that I've been bouncing around in my head for a while now!

So this is actually my second attempt at starting my own blog. I actually went back and deleted everything I had already posted simply because I didn't like the direction that I went. I feel that this time around I'm wiser and prepared to do something helpful...even if I only get on here and make a joke or post a few funny pictures. I think I just put so much pressure on myself the first time. "What if you don't really have any thoughts that are really worth sharing"? Or "Do you really think people will care to even read your opinions"? While it would be a bit of a downer to find out that no one is really interested in what I have to say, I've decided that I will take pride in the fact that I went for it. I took that step and did something that I wanted for myself!

To give you a taste of what I already have planned...I will give you a few of my ideas for upcoming entries. For starters, I plan to open my blog up to anyone who would like to seek advice about anything in life. Like a Dear Abby I suppose...and keep from using any one's real names. I also plan to tell you about the shows that you've been missing out on, as well as movies, books, and bands. I've also become addicted to a site called Pintrest and I plan to do some of the crafts and meals I have pinned and let you know how they turn out. I promise to include pictures...maybe even video (if I can convince the hubby to hold the camera). I also hope to post about random things that puzzle me (without getting too personal or soap boxy).

For now, please bear with me as I get this ball rolling and I think it will be worth it! I will end this entry with a picture that I know geeks will enjoy...

No comments: