Sunday, June 1, 2014

June 1st

As I mentioned in my last post...in honor of my upcoming birthday I have decided to have a Disney Week. Each day, I'm going to post about one of my favorite Disney movies leading up to my birthday on Saturday. So kicking the week off is going to be... John Carter!

John Carter

 This is a movie that I feel was quickly passed over. I hate that the company actually lost money on this one...I feel like it offered a solid story but since it went well over budget it would had to have made Avengers numbers (and that movie hadn't come out yet). 

 Now this story is based on the book The Princess of Mars which I have not read so I can really only comment on the movie itself. The graphics are amazing since most of the film is CGI based. The best synopsis I can offer is this soldier (John Carter) is transported to Mars where due to the gravity of Mars he is able to bounce incredibly high and have increased strength. One of my favorite parts of the movie is where he first meets the Tharks and tries to introduce himself...(I'm trying to not give anything away here!) There's a lot of action and of course a chance for some romance when John meets Dejah (the princess).

 If you are a fan of Sci-fi films...I really think you will enjoy this one. I hate that I'm not going into tons of detail here but I'm pretty exhausted from the day. Stay tuned readers to see what movie I pick tomorrow! 

John Carter is availbe on dvd, Blu Ray and digital copy
John Carter on Wikipedia

No comments: